The Couples Center PLLC in Portsmouth, NH
The Couples Center PLLC is my private psychotherapy practice located at 118 Maplewood Ave. in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I provide individual and couples therapy, as well as consultation to other healthcare professionals.
Other than Anthem BCBS plans, I am an “out-of-network provider” with insurance networks. This enables me to retain maximum privacy protection and clinical control of the therapy process. Under certain circumstances (such as diagnostic criteria and “out of network” prerogative), clients may bill their insurance companies for reimbursement.
Psychotherapy Services Include:
- 90 Minute Initial Consultation and Feedback
- $250 deposit required to reserve this extended session
- Pre-marital and Post-marital Relationship Visions
- Discernment Counseling
- Exploration of staying married in status quo, divorce, or reconciliation
- 1-5 session format for couples on the brink of divorce
- Walk and Talk Therapy
- Grief Work
- Parenting Teamwork
- Blended Family Challenges
- Expanding Intimacy
- Improving Communication
- Managing Conflict
- Healing From An Affair
- Retirement / Empty Nest Issues
- Bolstering Self Esteem
- Reworking Family Ties
- Increasing Assertiveness
- Expanding Happiness and Positivity
Monday through Thursday: Noon to 8 or 9 pm
Friday: Noon to 6 pm
Phone, Online Video, and Conference Calls
There are times when it is necessary or indicated to use a call or online video instead of having a live, face-to-face session:
- During bad weather when it would feel unsafe or uncomfortable to come to the office.
- When you might be out of town or unable to come to the office, had an emergency, or don’t feel well enough to travel, but want a session.
- For coaching clients where the primary format is via phone.
- When a situation or an emergency has precluded my ability to make an office session.
- For clients requiring private access to treatment without any risk of public exposure.
- For optimal safety during the Covid 19 pandemic.
There Are a Few Different Options for Remote Sessions:
- Arrange a regular one-on-one call with me at a set time, and I’ll call you.
- Schedule an online video or talk session with me through the Psychology Today site. Itʼs a free, secure, HIPAA compliant online service which is available for any client with a smartphone or a computer and a webcam for video. Simply create an account with your name and email address, and be online at our scheduled time to accept my email invitation, or just go to my online site at: https://sessions.psychologytoday.com/susanlager to get into my "waiting room" for our session. (This can be used for up to 4 callers signing on from different locations).
- Schedule a conference call with me via a landline or cell phone. This is indicated when there will be more than two of us on the call at one time / or callers in different locations who prefer to use the phone. It is particularly convenient for couples engaged in work-related travel.
Dial-in number: (605) 475-4800
Access code: 565515#
When you call in, give me all information about a credit or debit card you’d like to use including the zip code connected to the card. I will then process it through the “Square” app on my cellphone and you will get a receipt if you want one via text or email.
If you prefer, you may send a check on the day of your phone session to my office at:
The Couples Center PLLC
118 Maplewood Ave. Building A
Portsmouth, NH 03801