2012 Year In Review BlogTalk Radio Show Summary. (You asked for it!)
On January 2, 2013 I did my last BlogTalk Radio Show, “2012 Year In Review. Options For Looking Back, Then Forward.” It was a very successful episode with quite a few live callers, and nearly 500 “listens” to the recorded show in the five days since then! As per your many requests, I’m posting the two types of reviews here, each creating a very different sense of things, and a different spin on your life, looking back, then forward. To hear the recorded show in its entirety, go to: www.BlogTalkRadio.com/SusanLager
If you’re doing your own 2012 Year In Review you could reflect back in the most common way on these things:
- how much money you made or didn’t
- how often your body broke down with illness
- how many vacations you went on, and if they were worth the cost, and the time you took off
- how much weight you gained or lost
- if you finally stopped smoking or not
- how your spouse drove you crazy
- which friends let you down, and how
- if you got your house de-cluttered or not
- who had a messy affair; who got divorced
- who died and how
- your failures at work
- how much you wasted your gym membership
- your guilt about not reading more books
- your disappointments as a parent
- tragedies which occurred, making you paranoid
- the huge amount of taxes you paid or now owe
(Blah, blah, blah….) Any others I’ve missed?
Or you could do this kind of Year In Review:
- what were my major accomplishments at work?
- what positive steps did I take in my marriage?
- how was I more thoughtful and loving to my family?
- did I do any better at setting appropriate limits around time asked of me
- how well did I take care of myself physically?
- did I expand myself intellectually and spiritually?
- what major lessons did I learn in 2012?
- did I have enough fun this past year?
- did I stand up for what’s important to me?
- what did I model for my children?
- was I a generous enough friend to the people I care about?
- whose accomplishments brought me joy?
Get the difference? After you have (hopefully) chosen the latter set of reflections, you have a beginning template for an even better 2013! For help regarding negative self talk, feel free to contact me at my office at 603-431-7131 to set up an appointment for some brief psychotherapy work.
Tune into my next show on Wednesday, Jan. 30th. And have a happy, productive and meaningful New Year!
Trackback from your site.